Booyah! I'm the nearly uncontested winner of the first leg of the race, which you can find HERE.
So now, it's my turn. [insert evil giggle here]
Here's the basics, as best as I understand:
1. I post the coordinates, which you find via Google Earth (or some other satellite software, if you must scoff Google).
2. I post a question related to said coordinates.
3. I post a thread below for your answers - the first person to correctly identify the location and the answer to the question, wins!
a. For all intents and purposes, all you win is bragging rights and the responsibility of the next leg of the contest.
i. Please note, when you post the next leg, it needs to be "meta'd" ie: post only to your column and groups.
I think this contest is a fan-freaking-tastic idea, as we haven't had a bunch of community participation lately, minus all our bitching and moaning (of which I've been a fair part). So .... bust a move!
Here we go:
1. Coordinates: 51°10':44.00" N / 1°49':34.01" W
2. Question: What year (within 500 years) was this built?
You have 2 days (until Friday at 930am) to get it right ^^.